Monday 4 June 2012

It's Been A While...

Sorry it's been a while, but in my defense finals start tomorrow and I'm more than a little stressed. 
This is how my outfit was threatening to turn out
I will say one quick thing now however. It was school spirit day and I was feeling really tired and simply not motivated to try to make a proper outfit with the designated colour palette (orange & black), so I decided the night before I would just wear my house shirt with the school sweatshirt, easy fix. I woke up today and put on my predetermined outfit, ...... um........., that was my reaction at best. I looked lazy, which I was being, and sloppy. I decided it was ridiculous to make myself feel even more tired and stresses than I already was by wearing clothes that induced these emotions. I quickly threw together a pair of skinny jeans, a white short sleeved blouse, a black Chanel inspired cropped sweater, and to finish it off I turned an orange scarf into a belt. The result was something I would actually wear on any regular day even if orange and black weren't mandatory. I felt great all day because I felt polished and put together. The moral of the story I decided is that, if you are at your house and you want to have a lazy day fine, wear the clothes that match your goals. If however you wish to go out into the world and accomplish something your self presentation matters, not only for the way others perceive you, but the way you perceive yourself. The moral might not be earth shatteringly deep, but I think it's something to be kept in mind when deciding what you want to achieve in one's day and how one wants to feel about it.
And this is how it ended up...thankfully


I will hopefully post an image of my outfit soon, once I get into the swing of exams.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what your thoughts are! I will do my best to visit your blog.
I speak english, french, and a little spanish.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin