Thursday 10 May 2012

Blazers: The Movement


Jeans are often considered everyday wear and not for formal occasions. While I agree with the latter I believe jeans can always be dressed up for a dinner, a date, or even a business meeting. In my opinion blazers are the perfect accessory to instantly "upgrade" one's outfit from street to high fashion. 


This blazer on the left is a simple blazer that can be used a an evening dinner jacket or a work jacket.


 I'm more a girl of the 20's but if I were to choose on thing I loved about the 40's it would have to be blazers. I think because of the 40's, and what it signified in terms of women's rights and that whole movement during the war, the blazer has really become a powerful piece of clothing for feminism. Wearing a blazer shows a a professionalism and a certain kind of power that says, "Yes, I am a woman, but I work like a man."

This a more fun and quirky blazer than the one above. Instead of the workplace consider wearing it to a summer party or just for everyday life to add a structured and spirited feel to one's look.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what your thoughts are! I will do my best to visit your blog.
I speak english, french, and a little spanish.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin